The Northern Civic Amenity site is now open and operating with restrictions.
The site will be closed on Tuesdays and Wednesday’s but will operate under a booking system on all other days.
At this stage you can dispose of loads comprising of ‘Household Burnable and Green Waste’ and ‘Metals and Wood’ 5 days a week and ‘Plastic Bottles Only’ on 3 nominated days. As appointments are only 10 minutes long we recommend that you ensure all waste types are separated prior to arrival.
If you need to book multiple appointments for different wastes we recommend that you leave 10 minutes in between each booking or at least book them consecutively.
A slot can be booked by clicking here. In extreme circumstances it can be arranged over the phone during working hours by ringing 01624 810100.
* ONLY 5 cars will be allowed on site at any one time
* The site is only open for Northern Parishes
* You will be limited to no longer than 10 minutes per slot, so do not overfill your vehicles as you will be asked to leave after your time
* If you have multiple slots booked you will be asked to leave site and re-enter for your next appointment
* No trailers will be allowed on site
* You MUST observe the 2m social distancing at all times.
* Waste must be broken down in to manageable pieces/ bags as help will NOT be given
*Due to the limited material we are accepting the site has been re-organised to eliminated the need for you to move away from your designated parking bay and waste type. Please DO NOT go around the barriers of your bay to access other skips.
Plastic Bottles ONLY - no plastic food wrappings
* We will not be taking recycling items at this time, however this will be reviewed on a regular basis.
* DO NOT turn up on the off chance that you can get access to site as you will not be allowed on site.
* Make sure that you give yourself enough time to get to site for your slot
Please remember that the staff are only following instructions laid out for them during the pandemic to ensure everyone’s safety, so be patient and polite.