Repairs and Maintenance
You can report a repair or maintenace request via our Contact Us form, telephoning 810100 or by visiting the Housing counter at the Town Hall.
For advice on condensation please read this booklet.
Repair and maintenance requests response times
Emergencies - within 24 hours
Where an essential service has broken down and is likely to cause risk to you, your family or neighbours, your home or your belongings, we will endeavour to make safe within 24 hours.
To report an emergency out of normal office hours call 810100.
Please note that in the event of unnecessary or improper use of this service, you may be charged for the call out; for example where the cause of the problem or ability to repair is deemed to be the tenant's responsibility or has been caused by neglect of damage.
- Total loss of electrical power;
- Total loss of water supply;
- Major water leak (causing a flood);
- Unsafe power or lighting socket/switch;
- Loss or fault with a fire alarm system;
- Loss of heating system during winter months;
- Toilet blockage or toilet not flushing (where there is no alternative toilet);
- Insecure external door, window or lock
Urgent repairs – no later than seven calendar days from date of reporting
Repairs that can wait without causing major inconvenience. These will be done no later than seven calendar days after they are reported.
- Blocked sink, bath or basin;
- Toilet blockage where there is another toilet in the dwelling;
- Broken sanitary fittings when they can no longer be used;
- Overflows and taps continually running;
- Extractor fan in kitchen or bathroom not working.
Routine repairs – within one calendar month
Repairs that can wait without causing inconvenience to the tenant. These will be done within one calendar month.
- Heating replacements;
- Leaking gutters;
- Roof leaks to garages or outbuildings;
- Window and roof repairs (where they are not leaking);
- Fences and gates;
- Boundary walls.